The IHF World Hospital Congress is a unique global forum where multidisciplinary exchange of knowledge, expertise and experiences in health sector management and service delivery is facilitated. This forum brings together leaders, gurus, delegates and participants conversant in healthcare policies and reforms, management practices, financing trends and solutions, quality and safety, to engage in constructive dialogue on best practices and innovations in hospital and healthcare management and leadership aimed at improving the overall health and wellness of our patients and communities.
Hosted by Taiwan Hospital association, the IHF 41th World Hospital Congress will be held 7 to 9 November 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan with the theme: Patient-friendly and smarter Healthcare, with the following tracks:
Submission of Abstracts
- Quality of Care and patient safety
- Capacity Building and innovation in Leadership and Management tools and practices
- Governance, Accountability and Ethics
- Financing and Universal Health Coverage
- Technology: acceptance by health professionals and changes in hospital organization
- Service Delivery: Innovations in delivery of Care and Hospital Services
- Organizing long term care for ageing and multi-chronic patients
- The challenges to access treatment: drug availability and price, physical access, cultural dimensions
- Resilience of hospitals to better face human (including IT security) and natural threats
- Patient as a stakeholder for healthcare service provision
Authors wishing to present their work, orally or as a poster, at the IHF 41st th World Hospital Congress are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 300 words, by using the online submission form to the Scientific Committee for consideration.
- Important dates:
Open for abstract submission
15th January 2017
Extended submission deadline
24th March 2017
Notification to authors (to author's email address)
30th April 2017
Please carefully read the information below before proceeding to online submission of abstracts. General criteria for assessment of abstracts:
- Important notes:
The Congress language is English. All abstracts submitted for oral or poster presentation must be in English. All abstract submissions must be made electronically via the online submission form available at http://congress.ihf-fih.org/. Abstracts sent by post or email will NOT be accepted. Previous registered users may use the same Login Credentials.
- Presents an experience and knowledge sharing opportunity for the global healthcare community
- Addresses major issues of importance according to the 2017 Congress overarching theme : Patient-friendly and smarter healthcare
- Will be of practical benefit to an audience of decision makers in charge of health service delivery organizations
- Findings presented will generate information that could be useful in advancing global health and healthcare
- Materials and methods are well presented and analyzed, with appropriate case studies Financial support policy:
1. No honorarium or financial support will be provided to authors for abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentation.
2. Authors wishing to present their abstracts accepted for oral and poster presentation at the Congress must register to attend the Congress by paying a special discount Congress registration fee
. The registration fee must be paid on or before 4 August 2017. General and Technical Requirements:
For further information please contact:
- Conflict of interest: Author(s) must declare any potential conflicts of interest when submitting their abstract.
- After the submission deadline, only requested changes by the Scientific Committee reviewer will be accepted.
- Poster content should include introduction, objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions
- Poster dimensions should be 152 cm (60 inches) wide x 102 cm (40 inches) tall but a Pdf version at A4 format should also be made available for possible reading on a computer/device screen.
As a good practice example for Poster you may consider: Poster Example
- Only abstracts in “final submission” status will be considered.
- All decisions on Abstract submission by the International Scientific Committee are final.
Email: email@example.com Subject/Reference: Abstract for 2017 WHC