Job Number: 506781
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Lao People's Democratic Republic
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative Lao citizen and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading child rights organization. UNICEF would like to hear from you.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Health Officer at (NO-B) level to be based in our office in Vientiane, LAO PDR.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under close supervision of the Maternal and Child Health Specialist, contributes to the Maternal and Child Health programme planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and the evaluation of project activities, including teamwork and capacity building of national counterparts. The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
1. Collects and analyzes data for the Situation Analysis of the Health programme (particularly in the technical areas of the Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses, Maternal and Newborn Care, and Health systems strengthening) for planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes. Analyzes programme implementation reports and evaluates against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Prepares tables, graphs and other statistical data. Reports outcome of analysis and proposes corrective actions.
2. Works with local counterparts, communities and vulnerable groups to implement the related programme interventions. Undertakes ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors UNICEF inputs. Communicates with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the flow of supply and other non-supply assistance.
3. Undertakes follow-up action on programme implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports. Drafts changes in programme workplans as required.
4. Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring.
6. Selects and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation, including donor and media visits and support the capacity building activities.
7. Evaluates and analyzes financial and supply reports to ensure appropriateness of documentation, expenditures are within allotments. Reports to the Supervisor the outcome of reviews.
8. Drafts relevant sections of reports (required for donors, management, annual reports, etc.)
Qualifications and experience:
Opening Date Wed Aug 23 2017 08:00:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Fri Sep 08 2017 17:00:00 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)
For more information, please Click Here.